I upgraded to Wordpress 2.5Â a while ago and have started drawing some conclusions. Â Stuff I like:
- It didn’t break my existing theme
- The overall feel of the admin interface is cleaner
- The visual editor sucks less
- Â Built in tag support
- The comment moderation page shows which post the comment is on
- Aksimet doesn’t have a ‘recheck queue for spam’ button on the comment moderation page
- The save/publish buttons are un-intuitively to the left of the post. (years of web use have taught me that these belong on the bottom)
- Tags and categories are under the post. Â While it gives them more space, they become somewhat hidden.
- The checkbox for categories is at the bottom, but it still a scrolling list one-column wide. Â If you’re going to move it, at least use the extra horizontal space.
Did you like this? Please share:
The Lost Year: A Failed Experiment to Switch Away From Mac
Fed up with the Apple Keyboard, I bought a ThinkPad, installed Linux, and promptly decided that I hated computers.
Maker's Space, Manager's Space
The Grand Remote Work Experiment: A Retrospective
The COVID-19 pandemic has lead to an unexpected experiment in remote working. What has worked and why?